Thursday, November 11, 2010

AM I STILL A LIAR, LIAR WITH PANTS ON FIRE IF I HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE?



First of all, Happy Veterans Day! As a daughter of a man who served in Korea and Vietnam, I am grateful!













I have missed being on here so much and I know I promised to catch up with everyone this week but....a funny thing happened on the way to my blog....

First, as previously reported, I was knee deep in anti-biotics courtesy of Bronchitis and on top of that I am entering the first stages of menopause.

All forms of pity are welcome.

Secondly, mine and Ed's God daughter was born yesterday.

I'd like to officially welcome to the world our beautiful Cailyn Marie born 11/10/10 @ 9:03 a.m. weighing in at 7 lbs. even, 18 1/2 inches long.










She is the closest thing we have to a grandchild -- and we are madly in love with her!

I'd like to thank her parents (our oldest "son" and his lovely wife) for giving us this gift.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Okay lets take things in order:
1. eat yogurt with those anti's. Yeast is a nasty thing.
2. welcome to the world of personal summers and mood monsters. By a shirt saying you have joined our club it will say you a lot of explaining.
3. Oh what a joy she looks to be. Congrats to your son and you. I see someone chomping at the bit to spoil :D

Myrna R. said...

Congratulations! The baby is beautiful.

Sorry that you have bronchitis, yuk. And as for menopause, yuk yuk. Why do our hormones turn on us like that?

Hope you feel better.

(Came here from your Vegan blog.)

Allen said...

Ok that makes since now, I waited at the virtual coffee house for hours but you never showed. tee hee

I hope you get to feeling better.

Congrats to you and your son and his wife, the baby looks so cute.

Ms Bibi said...

Hope the menopause will go easy on you.

Your goddaughter is darling.Congrats to the family!

Jaynie Martin said...

awwwwwwwwwww beautiful baby :D my friend melly has just had her first baby after a long long time trying ive posted a pic on my blog if you have time to check it out - so pleased for you and for my friend mel so nice to have some good news :)