Wednesday, October 20, 2010

GET YOUR PURPLE ON


Support 'Spirit Day' by wearing purple in support of no more gay bullying!

I'm sickened in my heart and soul at the hatred and the high rate of suicides from gay bashing.

How many more have to die before one realizes that what others prefer -- in and out of the bedroom -- doesn't affect you? It has no bearing on your life -- you can only control YOUR thoughts and YOUR actions.

If it's consensual -- let it be.

I also take aim at the 'straight' reference: so, if someone isn't a heterosexual, what does that mean? They're crooked? I don't get it and I sure as hell don't like it.

I've never once referred to myself as 'straight' because it gives, to me anyway, such a negative connotation to those who are same sex oriented.

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times -- love is love.

Let's aim for some peace now.

I'm wearing my purple -- are you?










"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
~Mahatma Gandhi

6 comments:

Meeko Fabulous said...

I second that motion! :)

Steven Anthony said...

you always look lovely, but I must say purple is your color;)

spread the word...It does get better!

hugs

David Waters said...

well done my friend! Bravo.

I posted my own little tribute on stuff in my brain today...we cant stay quiet anylonger.

Jules said...

Oh, you wonderful rainbow woman! How right you are. I have never understood labels at all, sounds like a limit to me and I hate limits. I did not know about the purple thing but I will say I hate bullies.

I'd also like to mention I like your blog button and the rainbow girl up top.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Rachel Cotterill said...

I wear purple most of the time - I'm very happy to wear it with more purpose in support of such an important cause :)

Allen said...

Jo,

Wow what a great post! I saw your title Wear purple" and thought you might be talking about this.

It is time for the bullying to stop!

I wore purple under my work uniform. =o) And yes you could see it. =o)