Tuesday, September 7, 2010

THEY CALL ME A RADICAL, LIBERAL, FANATICAL, CRIMINAL


If the title sounds familiar, it should. Those of you from my generation will remember a song in the 70's by 'Supertramp' called 'The Logical Song'.

I've been wanting to slowly dip my toe back into the waters of commerce in order to fulfill our financial goal. With a son in his second year of college and Ed being the soul bread-winner, I see our bank account dwindling.

I know this is how it goes -- it will go up, down, up and then down again as things unexpectedly pop up: yesterday, for example, Ed's car wouldn't start; nearly $100.00 for a new battery.

That's life. I get it.

Then there's birthdays, holidays, necessities and outrageous electric bills (courtesy of triple digits, thus the use of our A/C).

So, I applied for 'Google ADSense' to try and earn a little extra income.

I thought: "I have pretty eclectic blogs here; I have a vegan blog (hello Almond milk, Vegennaise, soy based products and about a million other items that us 'radicals' consume and use) not to mention THIS blog where I've openly chronicled our financial journey as well as blog about a myriad of other topics including friendship (and sometimes lack-there-of), therapy and wellness, education, movie and T.V. chat, family and all that it entails (including feeding), my fight against Multiple Sclerosis, celebrity tit-for-tat, opinions, my on-going struggle with my hair, weight and my daily battle with my best 'frenemy', COFFEE.'

For this, AdSense apparently deems me an undesirable candidate:

"We've found that your website contains content that we don't allow at this
time. AdSense policy doesn't currently accept sites that advocate against
any individual, group, or organization. Please review our policies for a complete list of site content not allowed on webpages."


What am I 'advocating against' exactly?

Bad writing/spelling/grammar?

Check.

Chewing with my mouth closed?

Check.

Cruelty to animals?

Check.

Unhealthy body, mind and spirit?

Check.

Multiple Sclerosis?

Check, check.

Yep. They got me.

I say take me out back and beat the shit out of me. While I realize that it wouldn't be much, anything would help but I'm obviously criminal element that doesn't deserve their elite sponsorship to help support her family.

They also said that they support 'Freedom Of Expression'.

*cough**bullshit**cough*

Excuse me while I clean up the coffee I just spit all over my monitor.

AdSense is now displaying all evidence to the contrary of their alleged 'support' of our first amendment.

To bring this to a close, let me remind you to watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal and you could end up looking like me:










5 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

I say if add sense has you on a list than sign me up, rite next to you. I would proudly share any space with you my friend ;)

just keep up being you;)

hugs

Kat said...

I love that song and I wouldn't care if I looked like you! Good luck with Adsense and anything else you try!

Jules said...

I remember that song and yes I'm right there with you when it comes to adsense.

I got just where they should have paid me and poof it was gone. Apparently while I was logged in my roommate click on a boot ad....OOPS

They booted me. Where are those flying monkeys when we need them? lol
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

cheekymama said...

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think AdSense is really anybody's way to that pot of gold. And as for their judge of character? Phooey.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day! You're one rocking mama yourself.

from Babes about Town
http://babesabouttown.com

Jaynie Martin said...

Their loss jo .... how about we block them from our blogs cos we dont think theyre good enough for us :)x