Monday, September 13, 2010

A DO-OVER -- A BLAST FROM THE PAST


Below is my very first post at 'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy' -- written in January of this year.

As a challenge from 'SITS' blogging support network ('The Secret Is In The Sauce': you can get to their site from their blog button on my sidebar) -- to encourage blogging support and getting back to basics (why we started blogging to begin with, etc.) -- we are to re-print our very first blog post.

I will be doing their challenge every day this week and in doing so, we are encouraged to mention the sponsors of this blogging phenomenon and this weeks blogging ideas: 'Standards of Excellence', 'Westar Kitchen and Bath', and 'Florida Builder Appliances'.

My first post clearly shows my vulnerability after a harrowing financial year and what my hopes were -- and still are. I was previously at 'DIARY OF A SAD HOUSEWIFE: CONFESSIONS OF A BANKRUPT LIFE'--this is an extension of that blog, which is still in tact but also which I no longer blog on. All my thoughts, feelings and anxieties were transferred over to 'The End Of The Rainbow' (my 'regular' blog and my home away from home) after our bankruptcy went through.

As I've said before, this was a time I felt very much alone and needed a venting tool and a way to connect after 'Facebook' left me feeling even more damaged, alone...and toxic.

I am still struggling and fighting through it all and have sought out a therapist to help me come to terms with what happened last year and what I would like to see happen.

I have been encouraged by said therapist to seek an outlet and do something for myself -- so, I find 'SITS' topic this week to be nothing short of an act of irony as just today I began a new blog (in addition to this one and my vegan blog 'Rabbit Food') to post my fictional writing titled: 'STRANGER THAN DICTION' (please see my post below this one written earlier today).

I am proud that although I am still admittedly fragile, that I am learning to attempt to 'step outside of my box'.

It's been a slow process and I'm not anywhere near where I would like to be, but...I am slowly progressing to learn to breathe in and out again...

Thanks for stopping by and reading this far.

Peace and serenity,
~Jo

Enjoy this blast from the past -- how it all began:

'SAD HOUSEWIFE NO LONGER' written on 1/11/10:

Hi, all. Jo here from 'Diary Of A Sad Housewife: Confessions OF A Bankrupt Life'.

Welcome to my new blog--this is where you can find me from now on. I'm not going to delete my old one--it will serve as a reminder that when things will no doubt get tough around here, it can always be worse.

Today was our bankruptcy hearing: after a year of frightening financial woes, we are now debt free with a clean slate.

To try and briefly re-cap:

This was not credit card debt, this was due to losing our home after 16 years and being sued for the second on the house by the financial company.

My husband, Ed, was having $1000.00 a month garnished from his paychecks. We sought the legal help of an attorney realizing that we cannot live like this and made the decision to file bankruptcy. With the garnishment in place, we were barely eating and paying bills took second place to food and gas.

No doubt this is a familiar tale to many people out there who have gone through this same thing.

We picked the wrong representation early on as our former attorney jerked us around for most of 2009, making and breaking promises, getting our hopes up and then letting us down time and again as well as refusing our phone calls and E-mail's.

He left us scared and flailing with us not knowing where to turn to next.

So, to reintroduce you (or to acquaint you if you're perhaps new here), start with the blogs I listed below.

*If you're unable to locate my older blogs through the below links (I can't figure out STILL how to post links on here), then please go to blog archives under my previous blog, 'Diary Of A Sad Housewife'.

My very first blog from back in June of '09 is titled; 'Is It Time For Okay yet?':

http://diaryofasadhousewife-jo.blogspot.com/2009/06/is-it-time-for-okay-yet.html

And 'What Now?' from back in August '09:

http://diaryofasadhousewife-jo.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-now-so-if-youve-been-keeping-up.html

Long story short, in September of 2009, after yet another let down by our attorney, I broke down--and then I got pissed!

So, I sought new legal representation and for the first time in a year, progress was being made.

Today was the final episode in a year and half long struggle: from the time we lost our house, moved, got sued, was left on our own by a BAD attorney and then found someone who cared enough to do his job--we are now debt free and get to rebuild our life.

I don't know how many people in this life get 'do-overs' or if they recognize them when they do. However, make no mistake; this is one of those moments--and I get it.

I'm not particularly religious, but I do know that there was a reason Ed (hubby), 'B' (son) and I went through this.

From here on out, it's up to me what lessons I take away from this and how I apply them.

This much I know; say good-bye to the 'Sad Housewife' because there's a new woman in town--and she sure as hell isn't sad.

Peace and serenity,
~Jo

2 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

Im so glad you reposted this my friend.....REMEMBER the lava stone...many hugs<3

Jules said...

I'm glad as well. Since we are fairly new to each other this was yet another peek inside.

I'm sorry you had to go through this and yes, being unemployed sort of makes me shiver.

The sunshine is the smile in your profile picture. You just keep wearing it and I promise that rainbow is ours. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow