Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WOW--EE!


Hi and welcome to those of you from W.O.W. I feel unworthy of being today's 'BON' (Blogger Of Note) seeing as I've been an absent blog friend as of late.

I was given notice about two weeks ago that today would be my day, I nonetheless, in typical fashion, waited until the last minute to do this as I seem to work better in 'panic mode'.

Anyone else do this???

Welcome to my neurosis. Try not to be afraid -- just go with it.

For those of you who don't know, W.O.W. stands for 'Words Of Wisdom' run by Pam and Sandy for anyone who likes to read -- and write -- good blog content.

You can get to W.O.W. from my side bar by clicking on their button under 'My Favorite Blogs'.

I'm Jo, by the way. To sum up me and my blogs purpose, I am a 44 year old wife and Mom to two grown children; my son, 'B', will be twenty this Friday and my daughter, 'C', is 23. B is a full time college student at our local junior college and looks to be a child therapist one day. Our daughter...well, we've been estranged for quite some time; she has Asperger's Syndrome but works part time in retail and lives with a roommate nearby. If any of you are praying people, please just kindly pray for her.

Ed is my husband and one I am grateful for. I actually still really like him, which any 'married for eons' person can tell you is quite vital and healthy.

I am a stay at home wife, vegan and an advocate/fundraiser to find a cause and cure for MS (Multiple Sclerosis). Having a friend with MS who got me pro-active in it's cause, it's difficult for me to now remember what I found so important in my day to day trivial tasks before learning about this debilitating affliction.

We are also recent filers of bankruptcy, after losing our home of 16 years, which is why I began this blog; to vent, whine, bemoan and otherwise negate. However, we came out of it in tact after a horrendous year and a half, and are now fighting our way back to 'normal' -- or a facsimile thereof. Anything closely resembling normal at this point, I'll take it.

In light of this, I noticed I began having issues with joy which seems to be elusive and not in places it was before.

So, with the help of a therapist to guide me with my depression and anxiety diagnosis, I, too, am attempting to fight my way back to a healthier state.

Maya Angelou says: "You do the best you know how to do and when you know better, you do better."

I am immensely grateful to my blog friends and supporters for being patient and tolerant of my neurosis which sometimes consist of week long absences. Occasionally I just need to not think about things and my good blog friends such as Elle, Ms. Bibi, Steven, Meeko and Andrea (just to name a few) have been terribly kind and empathetic propelling me further into unworthiness.

All is not doom and gloom, however, as I try with all my might -- as we all do, I believe -- to hold onto a perpetual state of hope as that's simply one thing that no one can take away.

“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise”
~Oscar Wilde

I'm only too happy and pleased to make new friends and want to thank Pam and Sandy from W.O.W. so kindly for thinking me worthy -- and I thank you for stopping by.

Peace and serenity,
~Jo


A few posts to catch you up:

http://theendoftherainbowlifeafterbankruptcy.blogspot.com/2010/01/sad-housewife-no-longer.html

http://theendoftherainbowlifeafterbankruptcy.blogspot.com/2010/03/yeahput-it-in-chalk.html

22 comments:

Katie said...

Jo- I've been reading your blog for some time and you are an inspiration. I am currently going through some serious financial issues and even though it's stressful and sometimes humiliating I am determined to come out of it all stronger and smarter - I know I can because you did it!
Hugs to you -
Katie

Naqvee said...

hi Jo... im sorry i went away from this blog land due to some extremely horrible setbacks which came in my life and i faced them... looked into their eyes.. though i have won but im still recovering! and returned here a few weeks back...

need support!
u r truly an inspiration...
im not alone your blog gave me hope

Love naqvee

Sandy said...

Jo, you truly are an inspiration with your often positive attitude and honesty about the most difficult issues that you have and continue to face. Despite those troubles, you still find the time and energy to share your enthusiasm and time with others in need. You are a special lady.

Sandy (the other half of WOW)

ScoMan said...

Stopping by from WOW.

Sounds like yours is a story that has has quite a number of twists and turns.

I work with a girl who has MS, and it's hard to see the effect it can have on people. Good on you for raising funds for it.

Ocean Girl said...

Hi, I'm Lisa. It is nice to meet you. Thank you Pam and Sandy.

Andrea said...

I have been thinking about you off and on the last few days. It has been crazy here and I had knew I needed to visit your blog and see where you have been. Glad you have just been crazy busy, like the rest of us. I will definitely pray for your daughter.

Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.

Hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea

carma said...

We are roughly at the same point in life and I admire your courage in facing all that has come your way.

I've heard that quote before and it is a good one -- I am often frustrated looking back at things I've done in the past but then remember I did the best I knew at the time....

Congratulations on your BON honor!

Terra said...

stopping in from BON, glad I did. I am off to read some more.

Kelly and Sara said...

Just found your blog. Stay strong, it sounds like you are making some really positive steps :)

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

Elle said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! BON is a title very befitting to you. You write so openly and honestly and with such feeling. You're one special lady--funny, courageous, strong, and amazing--and I sure am glad to have found you in the bloggy world and am honored to call you a friend.

Enjoy your moment in the spotlight, girly, you deserve it!!

Shannon said...

Jo, first let me say I am so sorry I have been away and neglected your blog, please forgive, secondly...congratulation on your BON Day! Glad you are back on, keep your head up sweetie.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Cause you're fabulous! X's and O's. :)

Margaret said...

I have ms and it is good to see that there are people out there who try and help those of us that have it out. Oh I found your blog thru Elle's.

Joann Mannix said...

Congratulations on your BON day.

I applaud you and your work with MS. It is such a destructible disease and they have made such advances in advancing towards the cure, step by step. Thank you for your help in that.

Melissa B. said...

Hey, your kids are the same ages as my kids...except I have 2 girls. And my sister's name is Jo. I've admired your blog from afar for far too long. Glad to meet formally meet you!

Lauren said...

Congratulations on your spotlight day! I know what you mean about procrastinating until THE last minute. I do it ALL the time with pretty much everything. Somehow, I always get it worked out. :)

arlee bird said...

Good for you turning negatives into positives and maintaining hope. It's good to keep involved and help others, especially when you can use your experiences to help others.

Good luck with your missions and keep up the great attitude.

Lee
May 17th FIFTEEN FANTASY ISLAND FAVORITES

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Visiting from WOW! Congrats on being BON. Your story is a beautiful one and I thank you for sharing!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Congrats on your BON - sorry I'm late! I'm another person who will leave things to the last minute, I work better under deadlines.

Everyday Kathy said...

Been following and enjoying your blog for a while but forgot to send salutations on your special day! Yikes what a bad bloggy friend I am!

Hope you had fun!
Kathy over at Everyday Bliss

Jennifer said...

Everyone has a story don't they - something Life has touched in some way and if we're lucky enough - we've struggled through with God's love and the love of other's and sheer will. I had Kidney Cancer last year and had to learn to let my friends and family give me what I needed - it wasn't easy - I'm the giver, but I prayed about it and asked for peace - just that PEACE for me and those I loved. It came in little ripples and I got through with HIS help. I wish you pure PEACE. Jennifer stop by jennsthreegraces :)

Have Myelin? said...

So many of us are going thru financial struggles and it is good to see you find joy despite yours. Although I am "not in debt" (yet) I am extremely poor and it takes a LOT OF TIME to be poor! Top it off with a hefty dose of MS well all I can say is it sucks.

I say "not in debt" (yet) because it would only take a blow to topple me over...like my transmission blowing up or something. Heck of a tight ship to run but it runs. (so far)

Glad to see you're doing well.