Thursday, April 15, 2010

WHEN IT RAINS....


Hi, all. Once again, I am writing to offer my heartfelt apologies for being an absentee blogger and not stopping by to visit you all lately....

As I wrote previously, this past weekend saw me running all over tarnation (located somewhere between purgatory and hell -- I simply HATE driving!) and there is more of the same this coming Saturday -- all of it is, however, for a good cause.

This Saturday, April 17th, is the MS Walk I fundraise and volunteer for. I decided this morning to make one last ditch effort to fundraise and send out another E-mail to previous donors who hadn't yet done so this year in the hopes of not only furthering my personal goal, but, more importantly, to raise awareness and funds for the MS cause -- all of which goes to finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

And just this morning I received $300.00. I figure the worst people can do is not donate -- all it takes is a little time, tenacity and passion in believing so deeply about something as I do about this.

So far, with the help of generous donors, I have been able to raise $1550.00 this year.

I am so grateful to everyone who gave so much of themselves to help with this cause: some of you donated items for the raffle for the MS Walk this Saturday and some of you gave money -- and all of you gave from your hearts!











And so from my grateful heart to your kind ones, I humbly and sincerely thank you.












If anyone would like information on how to donate, please feel free to E-mail me at ejcbtheshamrock4@aol.com

Well wishes are equally appreciated!

So anyway, I have been a very busy girl with the last stretch of this years MS Walk upon us -- well, couple that with my current reality T.V. addiction and it is clearly so not my fault that I've been a horrible blog friend.












Tomorrow is the day when B and I get our hair makeovers -- more driving out of town but I am so excited and looking forward to this.

My birthday cometh a little early courtesy of my generous brother and his wife -- and the hair cutting talents of her daughter.

I will let everyone know how it goes this weekend with everything -- there's always great synergy at these events and the MS Society does a great job of pulling everything together for the greater good of the MS cause.










If anyone in southern California would like to participate in the Walk, here is the information below:

Saturday, April 17, 2010
Quakes Stadium, Inland Empire
For more information: ejcbtheshamrock4@aol.com (Jo's E-mail)

Quakes Stadium: 8408 Rochester Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Directions: From the I-15 North or South, exit Foothill Blvd. and head west. Turn left on Rochester and the stadium is on the right hand side.

Times:
7:45 am Registration Opens
9:45 am Opening Ceremonies
10:00 am Official Start

Walk Route:
Join the movement at Walk MS to bring us one step closer to a world free of MS! Come and celebrate the movement at the Quakes Stadium in Rancho Cucamonga. Choose a 1 mile or 5k walk/run option and refreshing rest stops along the way will help rejuvenate you with snacks and drinks. When you return from the walk, enjoy a fresh lunch, music and a fun kid zone.

Join hundreds of Inland Empire residents as we raise awareness and funds to find the cause and cure to multiple sclerosis. MS stops people from moving and YOU can help make sure it doesn’t.


Thank you to all my blog friends! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Much peace and serenity,
~Jo

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I will be praying for you as you walk for MS. May GOD bless you every step of the way and bless the money you and many others have raised to further research and cures.
Hugs, andrea

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Your efforts are to be applauded!! My doctor has MS. He is a wonderful diagnostician and in the 6 years we have known him it is so sad to watch him lose muscle control. Thanks for all youhave done!

Elle said...

GREAT job on donations!! I hope the weather on walk day is beautiful and perfect for walking. Have fun and enjoy yourself while you work for this great cause!

Steven Anthony said...

I think what you are doing is so wonderful....I am PROUD of you my big hearted friend;)

love and hugs

Just Add Walter said...

I am walking too (but in NC)... I mentioned you in my post today as well

http://justaddwalter.blogspot.com/2010/04/walking-for-cure.html

Herrad said...

Hello,

Please could you go and visit The Wheel of Fortuna and leave a supportive message for Steve.

His partner BobRobert is in the local hospice and is not expected to live much longer.

It is not so long since his diagnosis which makes it all even more sad.

Thanks for your support.

Love,
Herrad