Thursday, March 11, 2010

YEAH...ABOUT THAT



Okay -- so, you know how when we try to do the right thing that it doesn't always work out?

That's me.

At least, that's me in regards to attempting to visit all the kind people who stopped by to see me on my SITS day last Friday.

I had this great idea that I was going to stop and visit every single person to personally thank them.

I got as far as visiting about 90 blogs -- and am not even half way through.

So, I have to eat some humble pie here and offer my apologies.

Time management is one of the things I'm in therapy for and this is just stressing me out. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had just written one big sincere thank you on my blog instead of making this grand announcement that I'm going to visit everyone individually.

Well, guys and gals, I gave it a good shot. I have spent hours so far between yesterday and this morning trying to do the right thing and keep my word -- and I haven't even made a dent.

It's not that I don't feel you're all worth it -- you are -- it's just that I don't have that kind of time to keep putting into this when I have so many other things I HAVE to be doing.

Enter bloggers guilt.

So, to those to whose blogs I didn't quite make it over to, my sincere and humble apologies.

I do want to thank everyone greatly for making my SITS day special.

I still have to go to the bank, the store and prepare for our St. Patrick's Day celebration this Saturday.

My house looks like it's been hit by a hurricane because I haven't been feeling well for about a week now; between my 'Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia' (see my post from last week titled 'HIGH VOLTAGE' for further explanation on what that exactly is) and female issues, I've simply been having my ass kicked and my body betrayed, and trying to do the right thing is causing my anxiety level to go through the roof.

So, I have to know when to say Uncle.

I love you, all -- thank you in advance for understanding my dilemma and my good intentions.

Now, where IS that road to hell?????

7 comments:

Nicole Carpenter said...

Hi there! I'm a fellow SITS girl:) Just wanted to stop in and say hello!! That is quite ambitious of you to try and visit everyones blog!! Gooood luck with that adventure:) I hope you have a Fabulous DAY... xoxo

Shell said...

It must be overwhelming! I had quite a week and have totally sucked at visiting blogs just from "normal" comments(meaning, I wasn't the SITS goddess this week).

We all have other things going on and no need to feel guilty!

Elle said...

You know what? Kuddos to you for trying. It's important to know when you've met your limit, and there's no shame in admitting it when it happens. You made a valiant effort! Life is all about prioritizing, and I don't think blogging needs to be at the top of that very important priority list.

Hope you feel better soon!!

GregoryJ said...

"...if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
~Marilyn Monroe


I don't know what sits is. Isn't it some kind of a bath for one's ass?
I wonder if my hemmies would like that. I'll have to check that out.

Anyway, if they cared enough to give you your day, they'll understand.

I saw the above quote on a comment from Krista at picture, imperfect who says she got it elsewhere.

Steven Anthony said...

give yourself a brake my friend;)

I posted the piece out to you today, expect it in a few days;)

Kathy Sprinkle said...

Oh my goodness! Please do not think a thing about it... it was darn inspired and hopeful of you to even try! I like that! The ones who return again and again because of your lovely blog you will meet in due time! There is no statue of limitations on making new friends!

Outrageous joy,
Kathy over at Everyday Bliss
http://blisspot.blogspot.com/

gamommy2two said...

Well the goods news is, I'll just keep reading your posts and leaving you comments until your time clears up! Have a great week!