Saturday, March 27, 2010

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING



Hi, all. Been a few days. I simply haven't had much of a chance to do any posting: Ed came home from work Thursday night with a flat tire and so he had to take yesterday off of work and buy two new tires.

In the meantime, B is having to use my car until he can get his Jeep up and running again (he was hit by a 'hit-and-run' driver in a stolen car).

Ed asked me the other day if we're saving any money.

Yeah, about that......

It's one damned thing after another; the day of Oscar Sunday our T.V. blew up. It was old (almost 20 years to be exact and our ONLY T.V. in the house), it was time and it cost us. We were able to find a 42" plasma for $500.00 and although that is a great price, it nonetheless hurt.

Then we're paying for B's school (he's a full time student) out of pocket (since whatever Fafsa's criteria is, he doesn't qualify for financial aid) and then there are the neverending car issues.

So, yeah.

Can't win for losin', eh?

I wanted to give you an update on 'G', whom I posted about in regards to depression (see previous post).

Turns out it was 'much ado about nothing' and that it was all about blog issues with other bloggers that were at the forefront of 'G' leaving the old blog behind and starting anew anonymously.

I had misinterpreted the whole situation -- all well meaning and with the best intentions -- as I knew that 'G', like myself and many others, suffers from much of the the same depression/anxiety issues as I.

After 'G's' ambiguous E-mail that said "I quit. Thanks for everything. Take care. G", I felt I was left with little choice but to jump to my own conclusions and think the worse.

I was genuinely concerned for 'G's' well being.

However, believe me when I say that depression is indeed real and I've heard from so many supportive people out here in blogverse who have had much of the same issues and, so, I would much rather find that 'G' is okay than not.

Disaster averted but I feel a little....stupid.

I've had my fair share of blog issues with people who don't agree. My feeling is that if I don't care for a persons blog or their content then I simply avoid it. It's not my place to blast someone on their own blog, more less name call.

So, I told 'G' to hang in there, ignore them, stay strong and that I will support 'G' as 'G's' always done for me.

Turns out I got it all wrong.

It was the other way around.

So, in light of this I told G that I just need to stay out of the fray but that I will continue to be Gs friend as G's indeed been a very good bloggy friend to me and supportive of my MS cause.

All any of us can really do is learn from our mistakes in the hopes that we've learned what not to do in the future.

G admitted some of what had happened and I appreciate that G came forward wanting to set the record straight. Accountability is a sign of growth in itself.

I know what started it but I don't know what was said to G in return by others.

So, I'm still kind of in the dark here simply hoping that all is now well so that G and the others involved can all find harmony here in blogverse.

Lesson learned by all, I hope. In the meantime, I hope any communication will be a little more clear so that those of us who care about our friends -- in blog and life -- won't be so inclined to immediately think the worse.

Here's hoping to better days -- again, in blog and life -- and that 'Much Ado About Nothing' stays on the production stages where it belongs.

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes for G.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and serene weekend.

7 comments:

Jaynie Martin said...

lol jo you have to stop writing my blog for me ha ha, we had the tv blow up . pot hole issues here in England has now cost the engine my sons car as it hit the sump and oil poured out as he drove home hence he has my car. Re G i think its great you cared enough to worry certainly your not stupid for that! i would have done the same, as i said before depressed people dont look at issues in the same way as others im so glad G is ok, have a good weekend xxx

Blogabber said...

Thank you very much, Jo. Your understanding and support have been a great help.
When a disease takes control, it can cause much shame in a person and no excuse for their actions.
You and a couple others have been good friends through this.
Others have turned against me and made it worse.
Any good that I have done was wiped out in a few minutes.
Thanks,
G

Steven Anthony said...

ok, you have to get out of my head,lol...I was just sitting on the sofa talking to my friend cheri telling her that life is getting complicated, one thing after the other keeps happening...then I read your blog and its aboiut the same thing...great minds I guess;)

love and hugs

Brea said...

DITTO.

I'll just leave it at that...

Hagler Happenings said...

Jo, Thanks so much for commenting on my blog this weekend. I just looked around yours & love it! -Jill

McVal said...

I hear you on the "It's always something" for expenses! We've just discovered our washer machine is not turning and swishing like it should, so now we're out another $500 for a new washer... dang. The price for the cheapest model really went up in the last several years...

Meeko Fabulous said...

I totally know what you mean. It always seems like it's one thing after the other. But it can only get better, right?