Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MS WEEK -- THE SEQUEL



It's easy for one to get lost when reading one of my posts -- such as the one yesterday -- where I inundate you with information.

So, today I am keeping it simple in begging asking for your help, brazen broad that I am.

Every year at the MS Walk I participate in (see my post below as to how I became involved) hold a raffle of donated items, with 100% of the proceeds going to the MS Society to research a cause and cure for MS as well as their wellness programs and resources for those who are afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.

I am asking for new (unused/unopened) donated items. They don't have to be expensive, trust me -- I wouldn't be asking otherwise. I would need them no later than the beginning of April so I can get them to the right people at the MS Society a few weeks before the raffle where they put them in gift baskets with other like items to be raffled.

My good bloggy friend, Steven Anthony of 'No Excuse, No Explanation' (you can get to his blog via his blog button on my side bar under 'My Favorite Blogs') graciously offered to make one of his gorgeous pieces of jewelry to donate to my cause for the raffle, which is being held April 17th in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

From there I was off and running with Steven's great idea and thought this is a wonderful way to involve others in my cause.

Normally I ask for monetary donations to my MS Walk page but this is just as effective in creating pro-activeness, awareness, involvement and most importantly, raising money for the MS Society to rid our planet of this affliction which affects 400,000 Americans and 2.5 million people worldwide. It's staggering.

If you would like to help me help others by kindly donating any items, please contact me at EJCBTHESHAMROCK4@AOL.COM. Make sure to identify yourself as a blogger in the subject box so you don't get mistaken for spam.

Some suggested items to donate are (again, unused/unopened): Candles/home fragrancing sets, bath sets (bath gel, lotion, body spray, etc.), perfume/perfume sets, DVD's, CD's and gift cards such as Starbucks, restaurants, Walmart, Target, etc. in any amount you choose. No amount or value is too small.

Again, these are just suggestions -- feel free to get creative.

Giving is easy and the reward itself is even greater. Thank you.

"Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting."
~Bernard Meltzer

Peace and serenity,
~Jo

3 comments:

GregoryJ said...

Jo,
I'll e mail a photo of what I can send for the raffle.
The Statler Bros. a memoir written by Harold and Don Reid and autographed by them. I bought it off their website. I've been a fan of theirs forever.

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, boxed set.

I'll send a check also.

GregoryJ said...

Jo,
It won't let me attach the photo to e mail for some reason.

So I put it at the very bottom of living my life, whatever

Steven Anthony said...

I hope it goes like gang busters...thank you friend for bringing it to our attention;) love ya