Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BUSY DAY....



So much to do, so little men time.

I am still trying to get back to all the beautiful SITS gals who took the time to greet me with warmth and sisterhood on my SITS day on Friday...but I just haven't been able to make a dent as of yet.

Today I had lunch with some members of the MS Society in Pomona -- quite a drive for me but well worth it. I toured the most beautiful rehab facility I have ever seen called 'Casa Colina' in Pomona, CA. What they do there is admirable and is in direct correlation with why I fundraise.

Anyhoo, I just got back and wanted you lovely guys 'n gals to know that I haven't forgotten about you.

Those of you who have graciously offered to help me with my cause by donating items for the MS Walk raffle (again, 100% of the proceeds go to the MS Society and all the dedicated work they do to end this affliction) -- I love you. I do. Is that weird? No need to get police protection -- as of yet -- I am simply expressing my immense gratitude and thanks. I love anyone who can step outside of themselves and see a need and to then go even further and get proactive.

We've all done it -- we've all seen a cause on here and contributed. I did even when I had next to nothing to do so. So, when people then do something for me and my cause, I need to make sure it's understood that I know what it is to give and how hard it is to part with something -- whether it be money or items -- and I need to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Keep 'em coming, blog friends (kindly see my last two previous posts): Every hour of every day in the United States (seriously, look it up -- it's startling!), someone will be diagnosed with MS.

My friend, Scott, whom I walk for, once told me that if there's just one thing I can convey on his behalf when fundraising and raising MS awareness is: "Just how completely debilitating MS is".

*Trivia: Multiple Sclerosis translates literally to mean 'Many Scars'.

By the way, for anyone who donates anything; I will be happy to give you a Tax I.D. form so you can claim it on next years taxes (again, see below post for details on how you can help). :)

Back tomorrow to return the blog love to my bloggy friends and 'SITStas'.

Peace and serenity.

6 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

The love is mutual;)

Meeko Fabulous said...

OMG! You were right up the street from me! I work in Pomona!

GregoryJ said...

Just following your lead, Jo.
You are the real thing.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Allen said...

ah I am love. yay

Herrad said...

Hi,
Please come by my blog and pick up your Beautiful Blogger Award.
Love,
Herrad

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

Speaking of MS, have you visited http://wannabebalancedmom.com? she is doing a fundraiser right now (I think it's the second post on her home page) for MS! For every comment, she's donating 25-cents! You can even comment multiple times!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom