Sunday, March 21, 2010

HAPPENINGS



First of all, wouldn't it be lovely if I, just for once, didn't begin a post where I'm apologizing for being a bad and neglectful blog friend?

It would indeed be idyllic for me and all concerned (blog and otherwise) if the inner workings of my brain and life were such that I just simply stayed on top of things and manage my time better -- and then just perhaps I wouldn't always be asking for forgiveness from somebody. Everybody.

My humblest and sincerest apologies. I'm a schmuck.












Secondly, onto my news of the week:

I'm entering a writing contest where the grand prize is $10,000 and a trip to New York for two. The first prize is $5,000.

There's a $25.00 entry fee but so worth it. I have to describe who I am, as a woman over forty, in 150 words or less.

Um, yeah.

That's like asking Paris Hilton to straighten up, fly right and get off her knees.

Difficult task.

I also got invited back to work at the MS camp coming up in May and am thrilled and excited to once again take part in something so enlightening. This will be my third year, but before that I have the MS Walk coming up next month for which I'm still fundraising for.

In other news, B was hit in his Jeep coming out of school the other day by a stolen car. Hit and run. Thank God, he and his friend, V, were not hurt in any way. They found the car abandoned a few blocks away and the culprits (two young women -- likely late teens early twenties) took off on foot, no where to be found.

The police were called and B had witnesses, however, the girls were long gone. The police called the owner of the vehicle who claimed that he was in class and that his car must've been stolen from the parking lot.

Our theory? He lent his car to his girlfriend who went joy riding with her friend and he's not giving them up. No proof of that, however, which leaves B monumentally screwed.

No, we don't have uninsured motorists insurance. We have the bare necessities.

So, we're left to our own devices where we're looking at about $500.00 to $600.00 worth of damages.

B found a broken down Jeep through someone he knows that he's going to buy for $200.00 -- and outside of tires, this car has everything in it he'll need to fix his Jeep.

So, all we can do is the best we can. In the meantime, until this all gets resolved, I'm out of a car as B will be needing mine to get back and forth to school.

The other big happenings is that I'm going to be a grandmother.

Kind of, sort of.

'My oldest son', J and his wife, C, are expecting their first child.









While Ed and I aren't exactly 'Grandma and Grandpa', surely we're more than just Ed and Jo Anna and 'Auntie and Uncle'.

We'll work out the terms of endearment later, in the meantime, we're thrilled and are looking at a mid to late November delivery.

J and C have been married about four years now and both are in their mid twenties. C works full time at the local medical clinic and J has been actively looking for work in his field since graduating from 'Wyotech' (a diesel mechanics school in Laramie, Wyoming) in late September. The economy being what it is, he's now looking for just about anything.

He finally got a bite and received a call from our local Albertsons Distribution Center here in southern California to work in refrigeration. He'll be interviewing with them this week or next.

::Keeping my fingers crossed::

In the meantime, I'm still trying to get healthy physically and mentally and stay that way (I also just posted on my '90 Days' blog).

I think about you all and am now off to see what's new in your blog world. Will try to get to everyone today and tomorrow.

Peace and serenity.

11 comments:

GregoryJ said...

You don't have to apologize, Jo. Don't feel pressured into posting often. You don't owe us anything but to take care of yourself and get better. That makes us all very happy.

I'm glad you have that camp to look forward to.
Take Care,
Greg

Steven Anthony said...

My friernd, I will say it again, give yourselkf a break...do what you can when u can...I will love ya no matter;)

glad noone was hurt in the hit and run, I was in one yrs ago, comma for two months, four yrs of recovery, it was awful;(

love and hugs

gamommy2two said...

First off, no apologies. That's not how the blogosphere works! You blog when you can and share what you want. :) Secondly, congratulations on the baby! I can only imagine how exciting it is to become a grandparent. Thirdly, I hope they catch the girls that went joyriding. That's just such a dumb thing to do.

VKT said...

Wow Jo,

Why isn't that kid responsible since it was his car???? That is so unfair. I just don't get that at all. Shouldn't his insurance have to cover it rather than your son being out of pocket???

ps...I hope you win the contest...muwahhhhhhhhh

Andrea said...

You certainly put a punch in "eventful" week!! Hope this one is LESS eventful for you....just plain boring...hahaha!
Hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea

Kat said...

Never apologize. Do what you can, when you can. That's all anyone can do. And congratulations on the baby! You will enjoy that!!

Elle said...

I'm going to go ahead and agree with the other commenters. You don't owe us, Jo, and your life and needs come first. No apologies necessary!

Good luck on the writing competition--that's awesome.

My heart breaks for B...the universe hasn't been so good to him lately, has it?! I hope his Jeep gets fixed quickly and that his luck turns around. He sounds like such a sweet guy who deserves a little break, darnnit!

Congratulations on the new baby in the family--that's always so exciting!

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

That sucks about the Jeep. And, I can write a post...MENOPAUSE. There one word!

Meeko Fabulous said...

I am SO glad B's ok! Congrats on being a soon-to-be g-ma! :)

Brea said...

Oh Jo... A BABY!

Congratulations to you Sweetheart, and to your son and daughter-in-law.

Grandma, Nanny, Auntie... Friend.

Whichever hat fits, I'm sure you will triumph!

Mwah x x x

Ms Bibi said...

Congrats on the grandbaby....how exciting.

Poor B, another car trouble? That's awful.Tell him to hang in there.

I hope you win the contest, how cool would that be and the money wouldn't hurt either.