Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WAFFLING WEDNESDAY



I have things to do today. Don'tcha just hate that?

This means I have to actually get dressed and leave my house.




Oh, the horror, the horror! The sheer bloody horror of it all!












First on my list is my walk. I've been walking with my new friend, Nikki, a few days a week.

Nikki is one of B's best friends Mom. Like me, we have both kind of isolated ourselves from other women and adult friendships (with people letting us down and proving to be just too hurtful) so that our lives somewhat resemble a frat house, focusing on our kids and their needs.

B and her daughter, 'A', have been best friends since junior high school.

Anyway, Nikki is a go-getter who is about 8 or 9 years older than I am -- and I have a hell of a time keeping up with this little dynamo who out walks me and out energizes me, but I am so grateful for her patience and motivation.

It's nice to just walk and talk and do things for myself. This is a new feeling.

Then it's off to the bank and the market after which I will surely come home and behave as if I just completed a triathlon!

This will be evident in my taking a luxurious bath complete with candles.










Then I'm off to do the next exercise in my book; 'Now What? 90 Days To A New Life Direction', in which my progress and exercises are being charted on my new '90 Days' blog.

I guess I will just have to keep mentioning my other blog until it gains momentum because, as I always say, narcissism always prevails!












Anyway, I'm now somewhat reluctantly off to get ready for my walk (stretch! stretch! stretch!) while my other tasks patiently await my attention.

Wishing you all a great day!

6 comments:

Christian Mommy Writer said...

Enjoy your walk! Too much snow and ice for me to walk here. :-)

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

Rae said...

Have fun out on your walk. It really helps me to get out and away from 4 walls and enjoy the outdoors. I am glad you mentioned your new blog. I have to check it out now.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Hope you had a great day! :)

Steven Anthony said...

i am so glad to hear you taking time for yourself....we all need that, i know from my own experence it sometimes is hard to do because we always think of everyone else with ourselves comming in at the bottom of the list...keep walking, it is wonderful you have cracked the window to your heart and are letting someone in....im proud of you my wonderful friend;)

i love ya dearly

GregoryJ said...

Your incorporation of photos is wonderful. Adds a lot to the fun.

I thought about using photos with my post it note Tuesday, but nah...

Debbie said...

I have to leave the house today too. It is a sad day everywhere:(