Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TRYING NEW THINGS




Gregory is attempting to help me learn how to post links -- thank you, Gregory!















However, I'm obviously still doing something wrong -- this is what I do:

When I go to blog a new post, there's an icon for you to type in or copy and paste your link.

I click on that and proceed with pasting the http://...etc.

Then I click 'Okay'.

It comes up blank every time.

Gregory, I tried to post the symbols you told me to put before the web address and it still comes up blank in my post but not before telling me that the 'tag is broken'.














I appreciate your efforts, though, Gregory -- I'll have to keep trying.

In other news, I just posted on my '90 Days' blog.

Hope you'll join me over there.

EDIT: There seems to be some confusion -- I don't post the web address to my other blog, '90 Days', because you can get to it from my sidebar. Just click on the picture on my sidebar of the big bowl of cherries and it takes you directly to my other blog. Thanks.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry friend, I can be of no help, trying to post links caused me to pull out my two remaining hairs on my bald head! arggggg;)

Andrea said...

Hope you get it fixed. I have a little symbol...you click on it and then type in or paste in the link..then hit okay and presto..it works.
Blessings, andrea

GregoryJ said...

Jo,
Do you hightlight something before clicking on the icon (globe or chainlink)?

If you highlight some words, they should become the color of your other links, which seems to be a green - like on the other blogs you list.

For example, you should have highlighted, do you know what highlight means, [oops did I say that out loud?].

You should have highlighted '90 Days'
Then click the icon and paste the URL, say it URL, into the space provided.
90 Days would have turned green indicating to every one that they could click on it and get where you want them to be.

Get this. Then, we'll work on the HTML when there is no icon around.

I want to hear you scream, "Yes, I got it!" very soon.


Now, about that dirty faced kid - what are you trying to tell me?

GregoryJ said...

Jo, Jo, Jo, Jo

You missed the point. I did get to 90 Days by clicking on the bowl of cherries.

Life is not a bowl of cherries and having another way to do it would be advantageous.

Creating a clickable link would not be posting the web address. The address would be hidden in the code; '90 Days' would be the only thing to be seen to click on.


I'm going to back off. I don't want you to get mad.
I'll be here if you have questions.

Meeko Fabulous said...

I'll see if I can come up with a tutorial with a couple of screen shots to walk you through it. :)