Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Beautiful Blogger Award



Gregory has seen it in him to find me and my little blog that could worthy of 'The Beautiful Blogger Award'. To you Gregory, I sincerely say thank you. It means a lot to have the support of a few loyal bloggy friends -- after a few rough weeks for me, it was needed and is so appreciated. Let me be clear that receiving recognition from those who know my sincere place cancels out those negative comments from people who don't.

I guess I am to pass this along and I will once again do so to my blogging cohorts and friends in cyber-space , Meeko, Steven Anthony and Andrea.

With their patience, friendship, support, love of knowledge, vocabulary, truth and growth, they make me feel proud to be part of this community. All three have extended their hands of friendship to me in which I gratefully acknowledge and receive warmly with each kind word they bring my way: you can get to all three of their blogs from my sidebar via clicking on their blog buttons: Steven Anthony is 'No Excuse, No Explanation'. Meeko is 'The Ramblings Of A Disgruntled Secretary' and Andrea is 'Arise 2 Write' as well as Gregory's 'Day To Day'.

Now I am to answer these questions -- gee, I don't think there is much everybody doesn't already know, eh? This is all based on 'bathroom habits'. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm just playing along and doing what I'm told:













1. Toilet Paper: Over or Under. Over

2. Who replaces the empty roll in your house? I do.

3. What do you use if you run out of toilet paper at home? We never run out of toilet paper. I live with two Irishmen, I err on the side of caution. What being Irish has to do with potty matters is beyond me but suffice it to say that I have learned that running out of toilet paper here would create a war zone and an unhappy existence for moi.

4. How many rolls of toilet paper do you have in the house now? 108. Yes, you read that correctly. Our local grocers is doing away with Ed's favorite brand so I stocked up.

5. What fears did you have as a child regarding using the toilet? I don't think I ever played into the whole 'crocodiles live in my toilet' thing so, I would have to say none.

6. Do you leave the door open? Only when I'm alone.

7. Does your love leave it open? No, again the term 'war zone' springs to mind. We'll just leave it at that.

8. Do you always check for toilet paper first in a public stall? Yes -- have seen 'Seinfeld' too many times: I don't want to be that person asking; 'Can you spare a square?'

9. What do you use if you run out of toilet paper in a public restroom? Again, it doesn't happen. I am very thorough in my checking duties before entering said restroom. Call me neurotic.











10. What do you do in a public restroom before sitting down? Put a toilet gasket on (or wipe the seat and line with toilet paper), then I pull down my pants and do my business. I know. Weird.

11. Or do you squat? *See above.

12. Do you wait until you are alone in a public restroom? No, but I always have perfume on me. Enough said.

13. Has anything bad or embarrassing happened to you in a public restroom? Not public, but I was part of an all female bible study years ago in which we had weekly gatherings at different peoples houses. I went to use the restroom and, unfortunately what came out was -- eh hem -- very loud and close to the sitting area. They also didn't have any bathroom spray. I have since learned to carry that perfume I mentioned before and am always very conscious of having bathroom spray for my guests. C'mon, it's just common courtesy, people.

14. Are you pee shy? I think that might be a male thing....

15. What do/did you do to try to overcome it? Stayed female.

16. How long did it take you to get over self consciousness with your love being in the room while you sat? Not long. Probably one of the signs of true love and knowing they are 'the one' is peeing in front of each other.

17. What do you do, if there is not a toilet around because you are in the country and you just can’t wait? Oh, the horror. The sheer horror. I can't even think about it.

18. What would you use to wipe? Leaves and grass, I suppose. Ick. Thanks for the visual.

19. Would you face up hill or down? Down I suppose....

20. Have you ever written your name in snow? No, and if 'snow' is a euphemism for something else, that's a big HELL NO on that one.

EDIT: I posted on my other blog, '90 Days' (button on my sidebar). Check it out and I hope, if you do, that you all get something good from it.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks! I am sooooo behind on posting awards. I do appreciate them. Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs,
andrea

Meeko Fabulous said...

Thanks SO much! This totally made my day! You have no idea! Especially after the morning I've had . . . :)

Ms Bibi said...

Congrats on your well deserved award.

I love your answers. 108? Really?

It's funny, but I just did a post about overuse of TP in my house few days ago.

Steven Anthony said...

Oh Jo, once again you have melted my heart with your kindness..I accept this award with a humble heart..I love ya lady! ;)

GregoryJ said...

Oh, Jo
You are so funny.
You took the correct award, but the wrong text.
You took and answered, very well, the questions for the Brilliant Bowl Award which you now have earned, so come and get it, too.
BTW, face up hill because it rolls or flows downhill. What other 'snow'?

Jo, you really are one of the most beautiful bloggers I know, so honest and sincere.

Jo said...

Oops! My bad, Gregory--ha! I am such a nincompoop, eh?

Oh, well --those were fun questions to answer. Sorry about my gaffe. :D

Jo said...

You are all quite and sincerely welcome. :)

Gregory, thank you so much for your very kind words.

Hugs to all.

bumtickler said...

This comment is under my nom de plume de erotique, because I'm writing on one of my other blogs.
So don't be offended. Of if you are offended, just slap me.
I have modified the avatar recently to be less obvious.

It all worked out very well with the mix up. So funny.

GregoryJ

Lorie said...

kCongratulations on you blog award!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Allen said...

Grats Jo you deserve it!!