Monday, January 25, 2010

WHO SAYS MONDAYS ARE BAD?



In my personal view, I would have to say that Mondays have an undeservedly bad rap.

After all, for the stay at home moms and housewives, Mondays can be considered a not so terrible thing: the kids go back to school (although, we miss them the moment they walk out the door), husbands go back to work (although, I miss him, too) and we can sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and not have any worries other than what pertains to us directly.

Today was a good Monday.

Firstly, the book I ordered from Amazon.com arrived today. I believe I mentioned before that it only cost me $4.00 including shipping and handling. Granted it's used but in good shape (and a hard cover to boot!).

It's called 'Now What? 90 Days To A New Life Direction' by Laura Berman Fortgang and one I've been looking forward to reading for several weeks now.












Looks like 'Mansfield Park' will have to be put aside once again. Sorry, Ms. Austen.












Then, I viewed our cable bill: we have a package deal for digital cable, Internet and phone and I noticed that it keeps creeping up. So, I called and said: "What can we do? We've been customers for over a decade and our bill just keeps getting higher and higher, we even downgraded a few months ago..."

The guy I spoke with did some tinkering around, after viewing our long standing account with them, and made our bill about $50.00 a month cheaper than what we're paying now. Not only did he not deduct anything from our cable package to do this, he added to it by giving us a new movie channel.

I was blown away. One phone call and I not only saved $50.00 a month, but I got something free.













To top it all off -- and just because -- B comes home from school and surprises me with a vegetable and rice bowl for me for lunch.












I couldn't have been more surprised if someone stapled my head to the carpet.

I really do have an awesome son.













So, perhaps Mondays aren't so bad after all.

"Don't count the days, make the days count."

9 comments:

Ms Bibi said...

I agree Mondays get bad rap. They are not that bad for WAHM or SAHM. Sometimes there is so much to do after a busy weekend, but other that that it's business as usual.

Glad you had a good Monday.

Steven Anthony said...

wow,sounds like you had a great day...the cable thing alone is awesome and unheard of...BRILLIANT!

Im glad things are taking a up swing for you....I cant think of any one who deserves it more;)

love ya lady;)

Coffee With Marty said...

"Stapled my head to the carpet" i was entertained. My monday was great also!

I'm a new reader. Hope you don't mind. :)

GregoryJ said...

that is such a nice post. makes me feel good, too
Thank you.

Helene said...

Your comment about stapling your head to the carpet cracked me up!!

This post definitely gives me something to look forward to! Right now Mondays are dreadful around here. My 5-yr old twins only go to kindergarten 3 hours a day in the morning and my 2-yr old twins are home with me all day. Every day is long and exhausting. So I'm kinda looking forward to the day where they're all in school for 6 hours. Aren't I horrible??

But I could see myself missing them desperately when that day finally does come.

Leah said...

Glad to see you had a wonderful Monday. Its kinda like getting back to the tried and tested routine after a weekend of the unexpected. Hope you have a great 'rest of the week' too :-)

Allen said...

I am glad to see you had a great monday. You deserve it! It was cool that the cable guy worked with you.

Nikki said...

stopped by from SITS to say hi!
That was so sweet of your son to surprise you with those yummy looking veggies and rice! I've been making lots of beans lately with veggies and using a madras sauce, like an indian sauce to cook it in, soo good. Love your blog and will be stopping by again!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Some Mondays are pretty awesome indeed. Not for my pups though . . . They got baths last night! LoL! :)