Friday, January 15, 2010

KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS THONG




Now that I have your attention, this post really has nothing to do with thongs. Butt cracks, perhaps. Thongs, no -- I hope.

We're expecting the cable guy this morning. Well, 'this morning' being in the loosest sense: between 8:00 and noon.

I love the windows of time these people give you, but I have to admit it's better than the old; "We'll be there somewhere between the un-Godly early morning hours before you have a chance to throw on a bra or just as you're sitting down for the dinner you painstakingly made -- and kept warm -- for your hard working husband."

I've given up that Jim Carrey will actually show up and karaoke 'Somebody To Love' by Jefferson Airplane.













Instead, I'll be expecting the guy who seems oblivious that his unmentionables are showing as he bends over in his two sizes too small boxer briefs -- hopefully I'll be spared the 'crack-a-lackin' view I've become accustomed to.












In other news:

A week ago I had one of my back upper teeth pulled. That was fun. Nothing quite like listening to the sound of ones own tooth being broke apart in your mouth.

"Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache." ~Mae West












Since then, I've finished up my antibiotics and discovered by last Friday night that Vicodin and I do not a good match make. So, I've been sticking to Ibuprofen.

I've also been sticking close to the toilet as my stomach has been quite upset (and my mouth still quite sore).

At my follow up dental appointment yesterday, I was told that everything is progressing as it should (although, he did say that it takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to completely heal).

So, what gives?

I'm not allergic to any medication and have been following the medication guide lines (as well as gargling with warm salt water, etc.).

Ed's take?

My body is simply decompressing and having trouble adjusting to the fact that things are actually okay now.

I need to somehow let my body know that while the perpetual knot in my stomach that has been with me through this year and a half was at first necessary, that I am indeed now okay and it can now go on to the next person in need.

I've become so dependent on this dull ache and while it's always difficult to say good-bye (after all, we've been through so much together), it's time I stand on my own two feet, sans the twisting knot in my stomach.

So, go forth and do good for another needy person. While I was grateful for your strength, continuity and presence in my life, your job here is done.

And dear knot, to prove I'm ready to move forward, I leave you with this song:

7 comments:

GregoryJ said...

We were lucky the last time the cable guy came; it was early in the time frame they gave ( which itself was pretty wide), he called while on his way and he was a real quick worker. How about that? Miracles never cease.
Thong wise, I have one, but I only wear it when she takes me over her knee.

Thanks,
Greg

Meeko Fabulous said...

I'm so happy for how far you've come. This has made you a much stronger person, right? AND . . . I freakin' hate the cable guy . . . Ours was always, "It'll be sometime between 8 and 5." Way to narrow it down for me . . . LoL! :) *hugs*

Steven Anthony said...

Good lord, did you see all the hair on that guys back...what he is part werwolf? ewwwwwwwwwww I hope the view you getr is way better than that one..lmao;)

I hope your tooth pain gets bettter, teeth and ear aches are the worst...I think your hubs is right, once you know truly things are going to be ok, you will relax and your body will follow...right now your just waiting for the other shoe to drop.....thats normal after all youve been through

luv ya lady;)

Tsquared417 said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!! h

Debbie said...

Bless your heart. A sore mouth and a possible flashing backside. That seems like too much to handle. And I can't deal with vicodin either.
Came over from SITS.

Helene said...

Oh don't even get me started on repair people and they're crazy 4-hour windows. For me, they either show up exactly at 8:00 am at the very beginning of the window and of course everyone's a mess because honestly who really expects the guy to show up with your house as his first one for the day. OR they call me right at the end of the 4-hr window saying "I'll be a little late..maybe another hour". In the meantime, I've had the kids climbing the wall and promising them, "The guy will be here soon and then we can go to the park". Empty promises to them.

Sorry for the rant...I'm obviously bitter about this topic..LOL!

Found you through SITS...happy Saturday!

Divine Mrs D said...

I had to click on the link as soon as I saw the title. Absolutely wonderful. I hope that you're feeling better soon! Saw you on SITS :)