Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Eight Things




I begged Steven Anthony to tag me on this 'Q & A'. Groveling works.

Before I get to my answers, I recently did some 'house keeping': I had wayyy too many blogs I was following and decided to delete some of them, none of which is personal. I simply suffer from 'bloggers guilt' when I cannot get to everyone and deleted those who seem to suffer from the same things and don't get over here as often, either.

Onto the 'Q & A' (thank you, Steven -- you really do love me!!!):

8 T.V. shows I watch:

1. 'Survivor' (CBS)
2. 'Community' (NBC)
3. 'Weeds' (Showtime)
4. 'Californication' (Showtime)
5. 'Nurse Jackie' (Showtime)
6. 'U.S. Of Tara' (Showtime)
7. 'Modern Family' (ABC)
8. 'Men Of A Certain Age' (TNT)

8 favorite places to eat and drink:

1. Olive Garden
2. Romano's Macaroni Grill
3. Don Jose's
4. Saladang's (Thai restaurant in Pasadena, CA.)
5. Taco Bell
6. Del Taco
7. Any place Chinese
8. Home

8 things I look forward to:

1. Writing something every day (mostly blogging)
2. Watching my favorite shows
3. Spending time with Ed and B when it's just us
4. Saving money
5. Staying up after everyone goes to bed & indulging in a glorified chick flick such as 'The Hours', 'Sense And Sensibility', 'Pride and Prejudice' or 'Evening'
6. Becoming even more debt free & having a clearer understanding of finances (and possibly getting a part time job)
7. Starting an exercise program
8. Getting out and enjoying life more

8 things that happened yesterday:

1. Spent time with B
2. Scolded Ed in an E-mail for being cranky
3. Learned how to set my coffee maker on auto so coffee is made & waiting for me when I wake up
4. Ran an errand for Ed and saw an old friend
5. Made a frittata for Ed & B for dinner
6. Sent in a $20.00 rebate offer
7. Talked to my Mom on the phone about family
8. Felt disappointed that no one in my family responded to our good news that Ed & I got this week. Then again, they weren't there for the bad times so why should they be there for the good.

8 things I love about winter:

1. Not having triple digit weather
2. Christmas
3. I feel happier in the winter than I do in the summertime -- I seem to have a serotonin increase when it's colder
4. Enjoying my fireplace and fire pit in the back yard
5. Having all 'our kids' over for the holidays
6. Making people happy with my cooking, baking & gift giving
7. Getting out all my snowmen decorations
8. Cuddling up in warm P.J.'s

8 things on my wish list:

1. A trip to Ireland with Ed and B
2. For B to find success in whatever success means to him
3. For B to have a happy, healthy & fulfilled life
4. For my daughter, 'C', to have the same and to reconnect with us
5. To be okay financially
6. To have grandchildren one day
7. An Alaskan cruise
8. A home in Oregon one day

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. My family and my animals (T.J., our black lab mix & 'Prissy' our feline)
2. Ed & B's Irish heritage and our hippie/Bohemian lifestyle
3. MS research and fundraising
4. Animal rights
5. Writing
6. Refueling my soul and spirit
7. Books
8. Movies

8 words I use often:

1. Peace
2. Love
3. Fuck
4. Write
5. Shit
6. Karma
7. Money
8. 'Dinner's Ready -- come eat!'

8 things I've learned from the past:

1. To be proactive in my own life
2. How to be a better parent
3. How to be a better wife
4. How to be a better person
5. Forgiving and forgetting are two different things
6. Finding my own strength
7. What I can do differently and better
8. Not taking a day for granted

8 things I currently want/need:

1. To let go of my bitterness with certain people
2. To have my daughter in my life consistently
3. To stay on the right path financially
4. To find a part time job and stay there
5. To have B and C always be okay
6. To die before Ed (I couldn't bare to lose him)
7. To make good choices for myself and my family
8. To age gracefully

8 people I want to tag:

I just want whomever would like to to go ahead and copy and paste the questions on their blog and to keep it going around -- I found it very cathartic to think about some of the things on here!

Thank you, Steven Anthony, for FINALLY tagging me! :D

Love ya!

5 comments:

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Oh, dear Jo, I'm grateful for being informed about your new site which I already love;and the blog header is just great!I'm very happy for you , for the new begining!!
I do love your writing style,you impress me how perfectly you do this, your posts are deep and meaningful and heartfelt.I hope you accomplish those 8 goals you currently want for your life .Thanks so much for your so generous comments on my blog,my friend.
Have a great,and happy 2010!.
your friend,
Betty

Meeko Fabulous said...

Yay! I can comment now! These are all such great selections! :) They are all so reflective and focused on self improvement. I know 2010 will be a fabulous year for you and your family!

Steven Anthony said...

Jo, both beautiful and reflective...oh my you may be the perfect package my friend;)

Im glad I "gave" in to the pressure and tagged you...hehhee

luv ya

Ekanthapadhikan said...

I'm very Happy for you Jo. Finally, your good times are kick starting, I guess. I hope for a wonderful 2010 too.

And your new blog looks cool!

allycupe said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day, I greatly appreciate it, and now I'm here to spread the comment-love!